[Freeipa-users] IPA + OpenAFS

Qing Chang qchang at sri.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 11 19:04:28 UTC 2012

I agree with you that OpenAFS should implement better enctype. I'll raise it
on their list. In the mean time, this is a block, do you have an estimate how
long it takes to have the addition of v4 get into RHEL 6.3? I am asking because
we are moving from LDAP+Kerberos+Smaba+Kerberized NFSv4 to IPA+OpenAFS
to our new infrastructure by end of July.

There is another issue, by convention OpenAFS service principal is created as
afs/DOMAIN at REALM. IPA does not support creating a service principal without
first having a corresponding host principal, eg, afs/FQDN at REALM. Is it possible
to add the flexibility in IPA to create an arbitrary service principal, which can be
done with a standalone Kerberos KDC?

I'll try to open a ticket for v4.

Many thanks,
Qing