[Freeipa-users] BIND named.conf

Michael Mercier mmercier at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 01:20:31 UTC 2012

I will try to be more clear...

My IPA zone is named intranet.local running on ipaserver1 and
ipaserver2.
I have another zone (call it "myzone.tld") hosted on some other
systems.  I would like ipaserver1 and ipaserver2 to both be a slave
for this zone (not use a forwarder for the zone).

Considering that ipaserver1 and ipaserver2 use the dynamic-db entry in
named.conf, is there anything that I should be concerned about if I
were to add:

zone "myzone.tld" {
      type slave;
      file "slave/myzone.db"
      masters { u.x.y.z;  w.x.y.z; };
      allow-notify { u.x.y.z;  w.x.y.z; };
      also-notify { ipaserver2 };
};

to ipaserver1?

I had considered adding the zone via 'ipa dnszone-add
ipaserver1.intranet.local' but I did not find anything specific in the
documentation describing how to configure the new zone as a slave of
another system.  Also, the number of entries in the zone is large and
there are a many updates per day and I was uncertain of the type of
performance I could expect.

Thanks,
Mike