[Freeipa-users] Backup & Restore

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Tue Jul 17 11:04:11 UTC 2012

Hi Duncan

I spent a substantial amount of time on restorations last week. I was
working towards a "System State Backup" method of backing up IPA.

I managed to get a restoration working on a completely clean system by
doing a file level restore.

What type of restoration are you seeking? complete server rebuild, or
partial restoration?

Dale

On 17/07/12 11:39, Innes, Duncan wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just wondering if there's any specifically designed tools to allow
backups & restores of a FreeIPA design - or if there are any best
practice guidelines at least.

7801 134507 | _duncan.innes at virginmoney.com_
<mailto:duncan.innes at virginmoney.com>

> -------------------------
> Northern Rock plc is part of the Virgin Money group of companies.
>
> This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you
receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this
message.

> Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Company no. 3072766.

> Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Services Authority. Company no. 3000482.

> Virgin Money Cards Limited. Introducer appointed representative only
of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited. Company no. 4232392.

> Virgin Money Management Services Limited. Company no. 3072772.
>
> Virgin Money Holdings (UK) Limited. Company no. 3087587.
>
> Each of the above companies is registered in England and Wales and has
its registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ.

> Northern Rock plc. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority. Registered in England and Wales (Company no. 6952311) with
its registered office at Northern Rock House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon
Tyne NE3 4PL.