[Freeipa-users] "Request is a replay"

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 18:29:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 10:22 +0200, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep seing this error message in our production environment "Request is a replay" in variuos
> services using kerberos like ssh, sssd, automounter, squid +++ after the upgrade to RHEL 6.3 / IPA
> 2.2.
>

> Jul 24 10:16:11 server027 sssd_be: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide
> more information (Request is a replay)
>
> Seaching google seem to suggest that this is an error with time. However we have NTP configured
> (IPA servers as NTP servers) which is synchronized to external NTP servers. There has been no
> issue before, and I cannot find issue with the time being out of sync on the machines where this
> is happening.

This error usually appears only when a same request is found in the
replay cache. It shouldn't be related to time issues, in that case you
usually get clock-skew.

Can you tell me what operation was being performed by sssd when you
caught that error ?
Can you check if immediately before another identical operation had been
performed ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York