[Freeipa-users] IPA Error 4205 attribute "idnsAllowTransfer" not allowed

John Blaut john.blaut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:21:52 UTC 2012

Hi

I am following the same issue with Robert.

In /etc/dirsrv/slapd-<DOMAIN>/schema/99user.ldif we can see that these new
attributes have been added.

Unfortunately I couldn't verify using ldapsearch on 'cn=schema' to see if
this is indeed the case as well within the LDAP data.

However if I browse other pre-existing DNS zones using ldapsearch I see
that these already have the two attributes in place, so I guess the update
procedure managed to insert them somehow:

idnsAllowQuery: any;
idnsAllowTransfer: none;

So we are a bit confused that when trying to add a new zone, we get errors
due to these attributes. This is also preventing us to add new replicas
(which require new reverse zones).

Regards

John