[Freeipa-users] Installation Hang on Fedora 17

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 16:25:14 UTC 2012

I have recently been having problems on RHEL so I thought I would try
installing a Fedora 17 installation to test this but appear to be
running into further problems.

Everything appears to go well with the installation until it stops on
the following line: -

Applying LDAP updates

The last two lines in the log are: -

2012-06-11T15:33:05Z DEBUG cn: Write IPA Configuration
2012-06-11T15:33:05Z DEBUG description: Write IPA Configuration

I have seen reported that there was a problem in the F17 Beta release
where a downgrade of '389-ds-base' would address this but this does not
seem to be an option now.

Does anyone know the underlying cause of the hang? Maybe there is
something I can do to address this.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.