[Freeipa-users] Password pass-through to an existing LDAP server?

Jason Riedy jason at lovesgoodfood.com
Wed Jun 13 20:45:48 UTC 2012

I'm setting up an experimental subnet that needs a combination of
local and remote users.  The local users already have passwords
available.  I'd like to rely on those passwords without requiring
them to manage it themselves.

Is it possible to pass-through passwords to an external LDAP
back-end?  I was hoping to find this in the docs somewhere, but I
can't find anything quite like OpenLDAP's {SASL}foo at example.com.
I'd like to keep Kerberos integration for other reasons,
otherwise I'd just use OpenLDAP and not worry.
--
Jason