[Freeipa-users] Password pass-through to an existing LDAP server?

Jason Riedy jason at lovesgoodfood.com
Thu Jun 14 13:54:47 UTC 2012

And Dmitri Pal writes:
> Can you explain what is the reason of having local accounts
> other than system ones?

Sorry, I didn't explain well enough.  I mean local to the
*subnet*, not the host.  I don't want them in /etc/passwd.
Nor do I want all global users defined by default, although
that's less important.

That's what OpenLDAP's pass-through mechanism accomplishes.
I'd declare the local users in the subnet's LDAP server and set
their passwords to direct to another LDAP server.  Does FreeIPA
have a similar facility?
--
Jason