[Freeipa-users] need info on AD / IPA coexistence

Brian Cook bcook at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 17:07:07 UTC 2012

If your AD realm is ABCD.CA and you want your unix realm to be UNIX.ABCD.CA then your FQDN should be ipaserver.unix.abcd.ca

When you delegate the zone from AD, you should have at least two IPA servers running bind listed.

ipaserver1.unix.abcd.ad
ipaserver2.unix.abcd.ad

That way if one is down, you can still resolve names.

---
Brian Cook
Solutions Architect, Red Hat, Inc.
407-212-7079