[Freeipa-users] Problem in "ipa migrate-ds" procedure

Marco Pizzoli marco.pizzoli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:19:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> with clear text passwords. All migrated users need to
>>> login at https://your.domain/ipa/migration/ before they
>>> can use their Kerberos accounts.
>>>
>>> I don't understand what it's trying to telling me.
>>> On my FreeIPA ldap server I don't see any imported user.
>>>
>>> What's my fault here?
>>>

>>>    The u is a python-ism for unicode. This is not a bug.
>>>

>>> Please, could you give a little more detail on this? It's only a hint on
>>> what that data represents in a Python variable?
>>>
>>> Thanks again
>>> Marco
>>>

>> Type or value exists occurs when one tries to add an attribute value to
>> an entry that already exists.
>>
>> I suspect that the underlying problem is different between users and
>> groups.
>>
>> For groups it is likely adding a duplicate member.
>>
>> For users I'm not really sure. It could be one of the POSIX attributes.
>> What does a failed entry look like?
>>
>> rob
>>

> The user entry:
> ------------------------
> dn: uid=fw03075_NO,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
> cn: fw03075
> uidNumber: 11013
> gidNumber: 503
> homeDirectory: /home/fw03075
> loginShell: /bin/sh
> gecos: fw03075
> shadowLastChange: 13059
> shadowMax: 99999
> shadowWarning: 7
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: shadowAccount
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: xxxPeopleAttributes
> sn: SN_NON_IMPOSTATO
> givenName: GIVENNAME_NON_IMPOSTATO
> xxxUfficio: UFFICIO_NON_IMPOSTATO
> xxxTipoUtente: tecnico
> uid: fw03075_NO
> userPassword: secret
>

> group entry:
> -------------------
> dn:
> cn=pdbac32,ou=pdbac32,ou=prod,ou=db2,ou=databases,ou=Groups,dc=mydc1,dc=
> mydc2.it
> gidNumber: 10015
> member: uid=NESSUNO,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
> member: uid=aaa415,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
> member: uid=bbb446,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
> memberUid: NESSUNO
> memberUid: aaa415
> memberUid: bbb446
> xxxAmbiente: prod
> xxxDB2GruppiPrivilegi: instance_owner
> xxxTipoGruppo: db
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: groupOfNames
> objectClass: xxxGroupsAttributes
> objectClass: xxxDB2GroupsAttributes
> cn: pdbac32
>
> Thanks again
> Marco

> Do you by any chance have a *group* with name "fw03075_NO" and *user*with name "pdbac32"?
> May be you are hitting  a collision on manged group managed?

Well, yes and no.

No, I don't have a group called "fw03075_NO" and No, I don't have a user
called "pdbac32".

Yes, I have some users uid=samename  and groups cn=samename, but they are
not found in the group subtree (ou) from where I launched "ipa migrate-ds".

If this is the problem, where can I have any evidence of the actual problem?

Thanks again
Marco