[Freeipa-users] red hat 5 and red hat 6 compatability

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed May 2 15:30:52 UTC 2012

Matthew Davidson wrote:
> To clarify one point.
>
> I used the current redhat documents to setup the two systems.
>
> Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-5-Configuring_Identity_Management-en-US
>
> Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Identity_Management_Guide-en-US
>
> SSH does not seem to be discussed and that is when I started web surfing
> in an attempt to fix my problem before reaching out for help.

A host service principal is created during enrollment so no additional
work should be needed for SSH to work. The problem you're having is
related to the fact that user lookup services are failing.

Can you look in /var/log/secure and/or /var/log/sssd/* to see if there
are any errors reported regarding sssd?

What options did you pass to ipa-client-install?

rob