[Freeipa-users] howto modify krb principal attributes without kadmin.local

So going through the documentation it's clearly laid out not to use kadmin or kadmin.local when using freeipa.  I have been unable to find how to replace this functionality in the documentation.

If I could use kadmin.local on my kdc I would like to run the following command....

modprinc +requires_hwauth user

Am I going to need to extend/modify the krb5 schema to modify principals attributes in this way?