[Freeipa-users] What to do next???: IPA replica host entry is removed on web UI by mistake

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 19:23:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

 I accidentally removed one of my IPA replica host on IPA web UI by mistake, on the host list I planed to remove ipaclient02.example.com, but accidentally the mouse moved to ipareplica02.example.com and the latter got removed without a prompt.

I realized the mistake and tried to recover from this disaster but it was already too late, the change propagated to all the replicas and the poor ipareplica02 now stops functioning.

[root at ipareplica02 slapd-EXAMPLE-COM]# ipa service-find
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to u'https://ipareplica02.qe9.jigsaw.com/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error
[root at ipareplica02 slapd-EXAMPLE-COM]# ipa user-find
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to u'https://ipareplica02.qe9.jigsaw.com/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error
[root at ipareplica02 slapd-EXAMPLE-COM]# ipa host-find
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to u'https://ipareplica02.qe9.jigsaw.com/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error
[root at ipareplica02 slapd-EXAMPLE-COM]#

On the IPA master, It was found that ipareplica02 didn't show up in 'host-find' list or 'service-find' list. Though it still showed in the master list reported by 'ipa-replica-manage' and 'ipa-csreplica-manage', the real command 'ipa-replica-manage list ipareplica02' fails with LDAP could't reach error.

What should I do now? Is there are any other ways to recover besides uninstall and reinstall of IPA replica ipareplica02?

 BTW, it will be more than appreciated if the web UI could pop up a warning prompt when removing host/services entries associated with IPA masters and IPA replicas.

Thanks.

--David