[Freeipa-users] sudo rules in IPA infrastructure

Gelen James hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 21:35:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

 Are the sudo rules applied to IPA clients through nss_ldap, instead of sssd?

 I tried that on Redhat 6.2 clients, and some documents said that sudo rules would work when enabled inside /etc/nslcd.conf, but we need to hack the script /etc/init.d/nslcd.conf a little bit -- basically to mess around the sudo config statement before/after nslcd daemon runs as the latter still can not handle sudo statements very well.

 Then on 5.8, where nslcd daemon is not available, should we edit /etc/ldap.conf for nss_ldap and how? Please shed a light on this. Thanks a lot.

--Gelen.