[Freeipa-users] RHEL + IPA + Zimbra = ?

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Thu May 31 06:55:23 UTC 2012

On 31/05/12 00:13, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 06:12 PM, Dale Macartney wrote:
> >
>> Evening all
>>
>> Has anyone dabbled with Zimbra integration with IPA as yet? I just had a
>> brief brainstorm moment of thinking "Now that would be useful".
>>
>> I'm curious to see if anyone else has tried it? Otherwise I'll give a go
>> and see what docs I can produce from my endeavours. Pointers, requests
>> and opinions welcomed.
>>
>> Night all
>>
>> Dale
>>

> Are you talking about SSO or just using IPA as a back end identity store.
> I do not think it was tried but I do not see a lot of issues.
> If there are I would like to see tickets.
> As for kerberos SSO it might be quite a different situation which needs
to be investigated.

I was thinking as a solution in general to be honest. I'll fire it up
with IPA as a backend store initially just to see it working. The
endgame goal though would be SSO. Like all my projects SSO is what I am
aiming for, but in some cases its not possible.

I've requested an eval key for the enterprise supported release. I'll
try to get them involved in the process as well if push comes to shove.
They will benefit from this as well in the end.

I'll feed back to the list with progress.

Dale