[Freeipa-users] Process open FD table is full.

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:36:48 UTC 2012

On 11/02/12 00:38, Johan Sunnerstig wrote:
> Looks a lot like a problem I have as well.
> Check out the /proc/xxx/fd directory of the dirsrv process for your IPA realm, in my case it's full of dead pointers to /var/tmp/ldap_xxx where xxx will be the same on one IPA server(I have two in a multi-master setup).
> These don't clear out until I restart the dirsrv process, so eventually they'll fill up to the FD limit. For now I have a cron job performing a staggered IPA restart on the two servers and a case open with RH, but I haven't gotten any solution yet.
> This is also RHEL 6.3 by the way, though the problem appeared in 6.2 for me.
>
> Regards
> Johan

Spot on! That is exactly what is going on, my second ipa server just
died this morning, checked /proc/ out before I restarted, full of dead
links. Do they have a bugzilla open for your issue that I could attach
to? Or could you give me your case number so I can get RH support to
reference it and track it?

Thanks again,
-Erinn