[Freeipa-users] replica installation with external DNS

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 15:40:42 UTC 2012

Hello,

I added freeipa-users to Cc to reach bigger auditorium and mailing list
archive. Please post your questions primarily to freeipa-users at redhat.com.

On 11/21/2012 04:28 PM, Bilal Bas wrote:
 > I have a small question about freeIPA DNS configuration.
 > I have server #1 have FreeIPA installed on it, and server #2 which is a
replication of server #1, and I use a external DNS in my environment. So after
installing ipa on server #1, I added the DNS records below in my domain zone file;

 > ; ldap servers
 > _ldap._tcp              IN SRV 0 100 389        ipatest01
 >
 > ; kerberos servers
 > _kerberos._tcp          IN SRV 0 100 88         ipatest01
 > _kerberos._udp          IN SRV 0 100 88         ipatest01
 > _kerberos-master._tcp   IN SRV 0 100 88         ipatest01
 > _kerberos-master._udp   IN SRV 0 100 88         ipatest01
 > _kpasswd._tcp           IN SRV 0 100 464        ipatest01
 > _kpasswd._udp           IN SRV 0 100 464        ipatest01
 >
 > ;ntp server
 > _ntp._udp               IN SRV 0 100 123        ntpsrv01
 >

 > ;kerberos realm
 > _kerberos               IN TXT MYDOMAIN.COM
 >
 > Now, for the replica server #2, should I add the same records for it as well?

You are right. All records except _kerberos IN TXT should be duplicated with
new server name. Of course, you need to skip _ntp._udp IN SRV if you have
external NTP.

--
Petr^2 Spacek