[Freeipa-users] User's choice: automount or autocreate?

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Wed Oct 31 12:56:14 UTC 2012

Has anyone set things up so that individual users have the option to
automount a homedir or have one autocreated on each system they use for
them? I have some users who prefer one way and others who prefer the other.
Both have valid reasons and I'd rather not make an authoritarian decision
for one over the other.

   1. How could this be handled as a user option, set as the account is
   created or modified and open to adjustment later?
   2. How might this be handled as a login option, allowing the user to
   select their automounted homedir or a local homedir?

Anyone already set this up and have it working well? I'd hate to spend time
re-inventing a wheel if there's already an excellent example in the wild....

Thanks!

--
Bret Wortman
The Damascus Group