[Freeipa-users] Keep Samba password in sync with userpassword and kerberos password

Qing Chang qchang at sri.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 1 21:03:21 UTC 2012

In a thread on Freeipa-devel titled "freeIPA as a samba backend"there is a statement as below:
=====
IPA will keep all of your passwords in sync - userPassword, sambaNTPassword, sambaLMPassword, and
your kerberos passwords.
389 cannot do this - the functionality that does this is provided by an IPA password plugin.
Openldap has a similar plugin, but I
think it is "contrib" and not "officially supported".
======

Can someone please point me to where I can find this plugin and configured it to keep all passwords
listed above in sync?
I am unable to find detailed information on password plugin in IPA 2.2 doc.

My intention is to provide my Windows users (accounts on IPA server) IPA web interface only for
changing their password.

I am using Samba 3.0.23d as a standalone server because this is a last version that does not check
for SIDs strictly...

Many thanks,
Qing