[Freeipa-users] saslauthd on freeipa machine

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:16:51 UTC 2012

As I typically have saslauthd use kerberos to authenticate users I
really haven't had the occasion to try before. Since freeipa machines
use SSSD to help manage users on the system, I thought that saslauthd
should be able to authenticate users against PAM as well. Unless I
have somehow misconfigured, this seems not to be the case as each time
I get:

saslauthd[7342] :do_auth         : auth failure: [user=nancy]
[service=smtp] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM acct error]

According to the logs on the freeipa machine, the auth is correct and
the ticket is issued. Is there some additional client configuration
required to make this work since SSSD now involved?

Steve