[Freeipa-users] Sudo works for full access, but not on a per command or host level.

Macklin, Jason jason.macklin at roche.com
Tue Oct 16 14:05:38 UTC 2012

When I become the user in question I see the following in the sssd log.

            [ipa_hbac_evaluate_rules] (0x0080): Access granted by HBAC rule [test]

I think this is a sudo problem before anything else.  For a user in which sudo works, host_matches = 1 always returns when debugging is on.  For a user that does not work host_matches always equals 0 (zero).

I am open to troubleshooting the ldap configuration as I am not convinced that it is referencing the host properly.  I enroll the clients using FQDN, but noticed that initially, domainname and nisdomainname qould return (none).  Fixing these to show the correct domain did not change the behavior of the nodes though.

Thanks again!

Jason