[Freeipa-users] Different primary group on different machines.

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 17:35:36 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 11:49 AM, KodaK wrote:
> I've been having users use the "newgrp" command to change their
> primary group on different machines.
>
> I've poked around in the docs a bit and I don't see this addressed.  I
> know, I know: "if it works, use it" -- but I'm wondering if I'm just
> missing a way to do it with IPA, or if there's another way to do it
> that might be better.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Jason

By reading the description of the command it seems that it works only
for local accounts.
So I suspect it is not effective in any case when the users come from
LDAP and not file.

That brings the question: what is the use case and why you need it and
subsequently is there any other way to solve the problem you are trying
to solve with already existing means in SSSD?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.