[Freeipa-users] Getting virtual aliases and domains via freeipa with Postfix

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 12:47:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 11:34 +1000, Peter Brown wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I have been trying to work out how to achieve this.
> I have freeipa 3.0.0 setup on a Fedora 18 server and I have postfix
> and dovecot on my new mail server authenticating against Freeipa.
> One last thing I would love to do it pull down the virtual users and
> aliases for the domains my mailserver will be serving from freeipa.
> Is this possible?
> Is this all automatic due to sssd looking up the user details in the
> ds?
> Does it do the same for domains and email aliases or will I need extra
> lookups to achieve this.

A loong time ago I sue the excellent support in postfix to route mail
based on data in ldap, however I have no idea how's dovecot support for
that.

FreeIPA will create a single domain for you atm, but you can indeed
associate any email address to a user, however sssd does not have any
facility to resolve a user by email address, so unless you just care
about the default domain (in which case you can lookup users via sssd
just like you would against /etc/passwd) I think you'll have to
configure your daemons to lookup data directly via ldap.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York