Re: [Freeipa-users] openindiana ldap client

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Sigbjorn Lie <sigbjorn nixtra com> wrote:

Thank for your tips. I think there might just be something broken with the ldap/client service in openindiana. This DUAProfile thing is really nice to use

Agreed, it sounds like a bug in OpenIndiana.

That's odd. A service becomes temporarily disabled usually when a service it depends on cannot start due to failed depedencies or fails to start. On the SPARC platform you can boot with "boot -v" to get a verbose startup. Adding "-v" to the $kernel line in GRUB manually at startup will display a verbose startup on the X86 platform. Be aware, it will get really verbose.

ok, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Are you using a static IP or DHCP?

dhcp so far, just testing. I'll try with a fixed ip. This should just work with dhcp too, obviously.

Great tips, Sigbjorn. Much appreciated.

--
natxo