[Freeipa-users] Issue while setting up Replication

Chandan Kumar chandank.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 22:44:14 UTC 2013

Thanks for prompt response. I was wrong in mentioning that krb is not
running on UDP port it is running.

Now this time, I did not specify --skip-conncheck and ended up with same
error. I could see ldap requests are reaching to the Primary IPA server
from secondary (both from tshark and directory server logs).

#ipa-replica-install --setup-ca /var/lib/ipa/replica-info-ipa02.ma.net.gpg

(I tried with/without --setup-ca got same result)

I have pasted the directory server (Primary ipa01 machine) logs in the blow
paste bin

http://pastebin.com/HxAwMiDw

And replication logs (on the replica ipa02 machine)

http://pastebin.com/QNNRVw2k.

I am not using IPA server for DNS, I have separate DNS server and both host
names are getting resolved.

Connection with ldap search command.

It appears the it is not able to connect at secure port (this could be the
reason)

#ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -H ldaps://ipa01.ma.net
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

-----------------------------
Works perfect on non Secure port

# ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -H ldap://ipa01.ma.net
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

I was under impression that ipa-replica-install does the SSL stuff, may be
I am wrong.

Thanks
Chandan

http://about.me/chandank