[Freeipa-users] Issue while setting up Replication

Chandan Kumar chandank.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:33:06 UTC 2013

Finally I worked. It must have been some configuration issues at my end. I
spin up fresh VMs and followed steps again and it worked like a cake.

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/Setting_up_IPA_Replicas.html

Thank you so much for all help.

On Monday, April 1, 2013, Chandan Kumar wrote:

> Thanks for prompt response. I was wrong in mentioning that krb is not
> running on UDP port it is running.
>
> Now this time, I did not specify --skip-conncheck and ended up with same
> error. I could see ldap requests are reaching to the Primary IPA server
> from secondary (both from tshark and directory server logs).
>
> #ipa-replica-install --setup-ca /var/lib/ipa/replica-info-ipa02.ma.net.gpg
>
> (I tried with/without --setup-ca got same result)
>
> I have pasted the directory server (Primary ipa01 machine) logs in the
> blow paste bin
>
> http://pastebin.com/HxAwMiDw
>
> And replication logs (on the replica ipa02 machine)
>
> http://pastebin.com/QNNRVw2k.
>
> I am not using IPA server for DNS, I have separate DNS server and both
> host names are getting resolved.
>
> Connection with ldap search command.
>
> It appears the it is not able to connect at secure port (this could be the
> reason)
>
> #ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -H ldaps://ipa01.ma.net
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>
> -----------------------------
> Works perfect on non Secure port
>
> # ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -H ldap://ipa01.ma.net
> Enter LDAP Password:
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> (default) with scope subtree
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
>
> # numResponses: 1
>
> -----------------
>
> I was under impression that ipa-replica-install does the SSL stuff, may be
> I am wrong.
>
> Thanks
> Chandan
>
> On Monday, April 1, 2013, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>
>> Chandan Kumar wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am new to FreeIPA so far I have setup the Server and few test clients,
>>> all went really smooth. However, I am having hard time in setting up the
>>> replication and any help will great!.
>>>
>>> I am using CentOS 6.4. Package Info
>>>
>>> ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.2.**x86_64
>>> 389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-12.el6_**4.x86_64
>>>
>>> I followed the steps mentioned in
>>>
>>> http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/**Installation_Deployment_Guide/**
>>> en-US/html/chap-Installation_**and_Deployment_Guide-Setting_**

http://about.me/chandank