[Freeipa-users] EXTERNAL: Re: NIS Compat Password Issues

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Fri Apr 5 11:53:52 UTC 2013

It looks like I missed a step in setting up my IPA server for NIS compatability.

[root at server ~]# ldapmodify -D "cn=directory server" -w secret -p 389 -h ipaserver.example.com

dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: passwordStorageScheme
passwordStorageScheme: crypt

When I try to run that command I get the following error;
Ldap_bind: No Such Object (32)

I can manually add that to the dse.ldif right? If so where would it go?

Thanks,

Matt