[Freeipa-users] LDAP authentication for 3rd party

Peter Brown rendhalver at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 05:58:24 UTC 2013

On 12 April 2013 15:51, Simon Williams <simon.williams at thehelpfulcat.com>wrote:

> I use Atlassian products, but use Crowd to provide single signon. This
> means that Crowd is the only application that needs to authenticate against
> LDAP. I found that I had to tell Crowd that the server was 389 DS. I could
> not get it to work set to OpenLDAP.

I had a look at crowd but it seemed like overkill when I could just point
everything at FreeIPA.
We are a small shop so the extra queries weren't going to affect much.
I tried telling my Atlaassian apps that freeipa was a 389 ds server but it
refused to work properly.
Slightly strange considering the ldap modules for all of them are the same
as the one used in crowd.