[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA dual stacked

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Tue Apr 16 07:57:48 UTC 2013

On 15 Apr 2013, at 17:45, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
 wrote:
> We're supposed to work fine with IPv6. Dual stack should also be fine. I know we've done a bunch of testing in this area but apparently something fell through the cracks. I suspect this is an installer only issue where it's validation logic is not sufficiently robust. Please open a bug report so we can address this. I think if you pick one of the addresses and let the install proceed everything should just work. Please let us know if it doesn't. I'm not surprised we still have some IPv6 bumps to smooth out, it doesn't get exercised as much as IPv4. FWIW we fully expect IPv6 enabled systems to be dual stack.

Thanks for the replies all, I'll complete the installation later today and open a ticket with any issues.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

 gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238