[Freeipa-users] setting up a trust problem

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:33:29 UTC 2013

Is the cifs-utils package really necessary?

> cifs-utils is not needed for trusts to function. I guess documentation
> was implying that cifs-utils might have been installed for mounting CIFS
> shares.

ok, thanks for clarifying this. In the link I posted you can read this:

The cifs-utils package is removed when Samba3 is removed. This must be
re-installed.

So I thought it was necessary ;-)

Talking about the docs, on that same page in order to verify the srv
records from the AD domain the interactive nslookup shell is shown. IMHO it
would be much easier to use nslookup like this:

z:> nslookup -type=srv _ldap._tcp.ipadomain.tld

But that is just my opinion, of course.

--
thanks,
natxo