[Freeipa-users] Freeipa -ssh keys

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 19:11:02 UTC 2013

Naresh Chandra R Paturi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am new to freeipa
> we have a group of linux servers where we are tyring to establish
> password less logins, in order to do this we need to copy ssh keys of
> all uses to each and every cleint server . so we are trying to establish
> freeipa central server where we store the keys of all the users.
> we got free ipa working with passwords but trying to authenticate with
> keys.
> is this achievable. if you please kindly direct me.

With IPA 3.0 this is configured for you automatically by default on
RHEL/Fedora systems.

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Identity_Management_Guide/index.html#user-keys

I believe you will need an openssh patch for this to work on a
Debian/Ubuntu client. I believe it also requires sssd.

rob