[Freeipa-users] Freeipa -ssh keys

naresh reddy nareshbtech at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 11:29:16 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander

Thank you very much it worked.
its fantastic and I really appreciate your help.

but this scenario is to use the kerboros ticket for each time to login

 what we are trying to establish is
users will have priviate and public ssh keys
public sssh keys will be updated to the freeipa server and

then users will connect to the remotes servers via the private ssh keys, remote servers need to authenticate via the keys recieved from the freeipa server

but the present working condition doesn't satisfy this as user needs to get the kerborse ticket every life time.

remote server getting the keys from free ipa
[root at ldap1-eng-switchlab-net ipa]# /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys np
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOZ37IUe5gvlhO1i+bMhj8vhwlKZN6OKeMW6AM37aJhd7jxhz1R+Cod18YTB+gHkrfwe75kkEKfVyvTjpp9j5DRPeTyGMyWt4VbbyYq1Po4BZT7wOtUjwFq320QD5QnNKU6nbQKsB61xCMQy1Peu0nV/33dQTWHzlGi4uV0MN/KBvaWHmTwN6ZJ34uyEQ8kQ+fStd9XNFREw0iYglk42mNd/SA35njqNlsUbtBAR9ZokruAwAVVZqrfQw== np at ldap.eng.switchlab.net
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDS69+CH89z5ftzZZCmohY89y2AsJXfA0piHxg2XE+n np at ubuntu
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDFyO8uxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMLGVqIwR8Ps5m6sYsB/hx3gm2fIoKq6fm0g976L26oAmclDi12CpVFYbI/osIjsq6mIpr9de5Qus/n9kIoxTZLHTRuoCEj7xc4PSPG78oE7JoWKLMvBDiwyhXNa+O9X1RgYhfYmS2m+1nGJYC9DG4xo7K60nO6WogBg3T+EwuDjYrVIfB5Rfe4D8iWKqOTNlJ+MzK4Dk8W8hqSJvuQFq5155DsbeqDy00EY1dMaGYVUq81lHEM91oz np at ldap0.eng.switchlab.net
[root at ldap1-eng-switchlab-net ipa]#

debug log of present ssh session

debug2: key: /home/np/.ssh/id_rsa (0x7f495ef25d60)
debug2: key: /home/np/.ssh/id_dsa ((nil))
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug3: preferred gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-keyex
debug3: remaining preferred: gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-keyex
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-keyex
debug1: No valid Key exchange context
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-with-mic
debug3: remaining preferred: publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug2: we sent a gssapi-with-mic packet, wait for reply
debug1: Delegating credentials
debug1: Delegating credentials
debug1: Authentication succeeded (gssapi-with-mic).

Nareshchandra Paturi

14, St. Augustine’s Court,
Mornington Road,
london.