[Freeipa-users] Whit only krb5-workstation and oddjob-mkhomedir

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 15:15:18 UTC 2013

Axel Berlin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Im trying to set up a redhat 6.1 to ipaserver.
>
> What i have done.....
>
> On the Ipaserver

[ snip lots of config ]

> nameserver 192.168.232.41
>
> I can id and ssh...
>
> So have i missed somthing whit the dns?
>
> I have tried to have the SRV records to only _ldap._tcp and
> _kerberos._tcp but that dont work either.

Did you start/restart sssd after creating the configuration?

You may want to add debug_level = 9 to the domains section and start
again to bump up the logging. The logs go into /var/log/sssd.

What are the permissions on /etc/krb5.keytab? Should be 0600 root:root.

Is SELinux in enforcing mode? If so I'd check the audit log too.

rob