[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-prepare failed

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 13:44:02 UTC 2013

James James wrote:
> I had to set the --dirsrv_pkcs12, --dirsrv_pin, --http_pkcs12,
> --http_pin and the ipa-replica-prepare command runs without failure.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Yes, this is what I was going to suggest. Using ipa-server-certinstall
replace the IPA CA with an external one.

I should note that we're deprecating this tool and do not recommend that
it be used. We instead suggest that if you need certificates from an
external CA you get the IPA CA signed as a subordinate.

rob