[Freeipa-users] Fedora 17 ipa.service fails to load with "ipa.service failed to load. No such file or directory."

bin.echo at gmail.com bin.echo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 07:15:07 UTC 2013

Here is what I did:

Install Fedora 17 XFCE spin.

yum upgrade

yum install freeipa-client

enroll machine (it enrolls just fine)

However, when I reboot the machine, I find the ipa.service isn't running.
So I manually try to start it:

systemcrl start ipa.service

Then I get this error
Failed to issue method call: Unit ipa.service failed to load: No such file
or directory. See system logs and 'systemctrl status ipa.service' for
details.

systemctrl status ipa.service proveide no additional useful information. It
simply tells me there is a directory missing also.

Grepping all of /var/log turns up nothing useful.

I have no idea what directory ipa.service feels it is missing.

I'm stumped. Any pointers?

thanks,
-Aaron