[Freeipa-users] Non-human users

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 15 18:39:14 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 11:38 AM, John Dennis wrote:
> On 02/15/2013 01:35 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> John Dennis wrote:
>>> The example cited was the apache user, a system daemon. For system users
>>> bound to system daemons I stand by what I said. If you want to talk
>>> about other system users not bound to a daemon than state that rather
>>> than confusing the issue.
>>>

>> He cited a backup user. That isn't tied to a daemon.
>
> The original message said this:
>
>> I think the main issue we've run into is needing the apache user ...

And:

Another example is a backup user account that backup software logs in as.

Also some accounts that own files and some services run as that are needed on
multiple machines.  I suppose we could use puppet to manage those, but ldap
seems more convenient.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com