[Freeipa-users] Non-human users

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 15 19:23:21 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 12:01 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I've been trying to track down any bugs I may have filed without success, but
> I'm pretty sure I tried at first adding a system user to LDAP groups and that
> not working unless the system user was in LDAP.  This may have been before I
> started using SSSD on the servers so I'll need to retest this.

This still appears to be the case.  As soon as I removed the system user from
our current ldap database, id now longer reported any other group memberships.
  This is with the default using "memberUid" for group membership.  With the
IPA schema of recording group membership with the full dn, it seems the user
would have to be in the database to have a dn.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com