[Freeipa-users] Non-human users

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 22:12:49 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 04:54 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 02/15/2013 02:34 PM, John Dennis wrote:
>> On 02/15/2013 04:16 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, that is the filter in TB for me too, but:
>>>
>>>     [15/Feb/2013:11:17:21 -0700] conn=931 op=1 SRCH
>>> base="ou=people,dc=nwra,dc=com" scope=2
>>> filter="(|(mail=*apache*)(cn=*apache*)(givenName=*apache*)(sn=*apache*))"
>>> attrs="description notes title sn sn mozillaHomeLocalityName givenName
>>> mozillaHomeState mail mozillaWorkUrl workurl labeledURI o company
>>> mozillaNickname mozillaNickname mobile cellphone carphone modifyTimestamp
>>> nsAIMid nsAIMid telephoneNumber birthyear c c mozillaHomeStreet cn cn
>>> postalCode zip mozillaCustom1 custom1 mozillaHomeCountryName homePhone st
>>> region mozillaCustom2 custom2 mozillaSecondEmail mozillaSecondEmail
>>> facsimileTelephoneNumber facsimileTelephoneNumber mozillaCustom3 custom3
>>> mozillaUseHtmlMail mozillaUseHtmlMail mozillaHomeStreet2 birthday street
>>> street postOfficeBox mozillaCustom4 custom4 mozillaHomeUrl homeurl l l pager
>>> pagerphone ou department departmentNumber orgunit birthmonth
>>> mozillaWorkStreet2 mozillaHomePostalCode objectClass"
>>>
>>> is what I see in the LDAP server log
>>>

>> I don't know, beats me as to why there is no objectclass filter component.
>> Perhaps TB is smart enough to know (objectclass=*) is effectively a no-op and
>> ignores it when it builds the final filter.
>>
>> What happens if you set the TB filter to (objectclass=person)?
>>

> Yup, then it adds it:
>

> filter="(&(objectClass=person)(|(mail=*apac*)(cn=*apac*)(givenName=*apac*)(sn=*apac*)))"

O.K. I presume it's obvious the consequence of this little experiment is
that if we do an an RFE that results in removing the person objectclass
from non-human users you'll have to configure a custom LDAP search
filter in every client in your enterprise if you don't want them to see
non-human users in their search results.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/