[Freeipa-users] Cannot obtain CA Certificate

Peter Brown rendhalver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:42:45 UTC 2013

On 19 February 2013 11:03, John Moyer <john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com>wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Thanks for the response, I just checked out my security group settings, I
> did have some ports blocked, however, allowing them did not help.   I
> installed mmap on the client and did a port scan of the server and got the
> follow:
>
> PORT    STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp  open  ssh
> 53/tcp  open  domain
> 80/tcp  open  http
> 88/tcp  open  kerberos-sec
> 389/tcp open  ldap
> 443/tcp open  https
> 464/tcp open  kpasswd5
> 636/tcp open  ldapssl
> 749/tcp open  kerberos-adm

There is a couple of UDP ports that need to be open as well
464 and 88 from memory.

They shouldn't affect your ability to download the ca cert.

Have you checked the ipa-client log file?
I can't remember where that gets saved right now but it should mention the
location when you run the ipa-client command.