[Freeipa-users] authentication with latest putty fails

Han Boetes hboetes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:56:42 UTC 2013

There was something going on with a firewall blocking something and that
windows host didn't have a cert yet. But still:

Using Kerberos authentication
Using principal fh at REALM
Got host ticket host/test-server-ipa.domain at REALM
Using username "fh".
Successful Kerberos connection
Last login: Mon Jan  7 07:38:19 2013 from ipa-w7.domain
[fh at test-server-ipa ~]$ klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1554800011)

klist on the host shows all tickets are forwordable and the forwarding
option in both putty versions is on.

Which version of FreeIPA are you using? There are issues in older
> version which prevents kadmin.local from working.

The default stable:

[root at auth-ipa ssl_for_ipa-w7]# rpm -qa |grep ipa-
ipa-client-2.2.0-16.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
ipa-admintools-2.2.0-16.el6.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-2.2.0-16.el6.x86_64