[Freeipa-users] Setting up single domain but with dns subdomains

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Jan 8 18:55:49 UTC 2013

I'm looking into migrating our 389ds ldap + kerberos to FreeIPA and I'm
wondering how to setup DNS autodiscovery (if possible) in a way to point to
different servers in different locations.

We have two major offices, one that uses the "nwra.com" dnsdomain and one that
uses the "cora.nwra.com" dns subdomain.  We're planning on using the NWRA.COM
domain for IPA/kerberos.  I'd like to have the hosts is the "cora" office use
the local servers instead of the one at the main office.  Is this possible?
While I can have:

_ldap._tcp.cora.nwra.com. SRV 0 0 636 ipa.cora.nwra.com.

If I have:

_kerberos.cora.nwra.com. TXT "NWRA.COM"

it will then automatically look for:

_kerberos._udp.nwra.com. SRV

Which will hold the servers for the other office.

Any suggestions?

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com