[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA trusts with 2003 R2

Brian Lee brian_lee1 at jabil.com
Wed Jun 19 12:50:50 UTC 2013

Has anyone successfully set up trusts between 2003 R2 and FreeIPA? I
noticed the documentation mentions 2008 R2 as a prerequisite. Unfortunately
our organization has not completed the migration to 2008 R2 yet. I know,
we're a little behind the curve on that, but fortunately Windows servers
aren't my responsibility ;-)

If the Kerberos realms are separate between Active Directory and FreeIPA,
why does the domain controller need to be Windows 2008 R2 for an external
trust? From what I understand, there is no difference in an external trust
in Windows NT4, Active Directory 2003, 2008 R2 or Windows 2012.

Thanks in advance for any input or experiences with this configuration!