[Freeipa-users] Postfix and FreeIPA in a secure setup

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Tue Mar 12 14:05:52 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 08:53:59 AM Anthony Messina wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 01:50:47 PM Dale Macartney wrote:
> >       > # Import environment for Kerberos v5 GSSAPI
> >       >
> >       > import_environment =
> >       >
> >       > MAIL_CONFIG MAIL_DEBUG MAIL_LOGTAG TZ XAUTHORITY DISPLAY
> >
> >       LANG=C
> >
> >       > KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/postfix/smtp.keytab
> >

> > Anthony, where were you declaring the above? In Squid, I've added the
> > keytab to the service startup script. Presumably it would be somewhere
> > similar?>
> >

> > Dale
>
> In /etc/postfix/main.cf

Sorry, I sent too fast.  from man (5) postconf:

import_environment (default: see postconf -d output)
       The list of environment parameters that a Postfix process will import
from a non-Postfix parent process. Examples of relevant parameters:

       TZ     Needed for sane time keeping on most System-V-ish systems.

       DISPLAY
              Needed for debugging Postfix daemons with an X-windows debugger.

       XAUTHORITY
              Needed for debugging Postfix daemons with an X-windows debugger.

       MAIL_CONFIG
              Needed to make "postfix -c" work.

       Specify a list of names and/or name=value pairs, separated by
whitespace or comma. The name=value form is supported with Postfix version 2.1
and later.

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E