[Freeipa-users] Mail Challenge Password Reset

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:09:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
> John Moyer wrote:
>>
>> Is there a mail challenge 3rd party tool that allows for users to change
>> their own passwords if they don't know their password?  Something like
>> PWM for LDAP?
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/pwm/
>>
>> I've been looking around and no one seems to have done this yet, but
>> wanted to yield to this group before giving up hope.
>>

> No. There is a ticket to add support for this but it isn't planned to be
> worked on for some time.
>
> There was a thread about this last year:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2012-July/msg00051.html

That was me.  I still haven't done much -- pwm didn't work out well
because when it changes the users password it auto expires as if an
admin changed it and I didn't look much past that.  With 3.0 users are
able to reset their expired passwords and that's 99% of the changes
that need to be made at our site (many of my users only use AIX
servers, and the version we're running is horribly broken in regards
to passing along messages from the auth backend.  I set up a Linux VM
specifically for account administration of this type, too.)