[Freeipa-users] Expired certs not auto renewed by Cermonger

Toasted Penguin toastedpenguininfo at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:23:04 UTC 2013

/etc/ipa/ca.crt was issued by O=CTIDATA.NET, CN=Certificate Authority

All the certs monitored by Certmonger show the same issuer.

Wasn't getting anything back when running the ipahost script you provided,
ran  ipahost=`grep ^host= /etc/ipa/default.conf | cut -f2- -d=` and echo
$ipahost shows nothing so I just ran the openssl section manually:

openssl s_client -CAfile /etc/ipa/ca.crt -connect ipa01.ctidata.net:https
-showcerts < /dev/null

Results:
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=1 O = CTIDATA.NET, CN = Certificate Authority
verify return:1
depth=0 O = CTIDATA.NET, CN = ipa01.ctidata.net
verify error:num=10:certificate has expired
notAfter=Mar 24 19:56:36 2013 GMT
verify return:1
depth=0 O = CTIDATA.NET, CN = ipa01.ctidata.net
notAfter=Mar 24 19:56:36 2013 GMT
verify return:1
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=ipa01.ctidata.net
   i:/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=Certificate Authority
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
#####
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
 1 s:/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=Certificate Authority
   i:/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=Certificate Authority
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
####
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
---
Server certificate
subject=/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=ipa01.ctidata.net
issuer=/O=CTIDATA.NET/CN=Certificate Authority
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is AES256-SHA
Server public key is 2048 bit
Secure Renegotiation IS supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1
    Cipher    : AES256-SHA
    Session-ID: #####
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key: ####
    Key-Arg   : None
    Krb5 Principal: None
    PSK identity: None
    PSK identity hint: None
    Start Time: 1367518514
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 10 (certificate has expired)
---
DONE