[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Ldap Tree Entries

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed May 8 17:55:46 UTC 2013

On 05/08/2013 08:22 AM, bwellsnc wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am in the middle of a project converting from OpenLDAP to
> FreeIPA.  The issue currently I am having is that I want to make this
> a smooth transition for our development team who utilize openldap.
>  The best way I could do this would be to create an alias to the
> cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=mydomain,dc=com and name it ou=People.  I have
> created the alias, but I am unable to query from it.  Is there
> something that I have to turn off in freeipa to allow this.  Thanks!
>
> Brent

You probably want to enable compat plugin and expose the tree via that
plugin.
Enable it via ipa-compat-manage
Then you can configure it using specific rules
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/slapi-nis.git/tree/doc/sch-getting-started.txt
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/slapi-nis.git/tree/doc/sch-configuration.txt
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/slapi-nis.git/tree/doc/format-specifiers.txt

--