[Freeipa-users] Configuration debugging script

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu May 16 00:22:31 UTC 2013

Willie Slepecki wrote:
> Has anyone written a script to debug configuration and connection issues
> with freeipa clients?  Something that can be tailored to a specific nix
> flavor to say "yes, everything is right, change the permissions on this
> file and add this line to this file and reboot"
>
> Not easy to write I know but using something like python is completely
> doable. I'm just curious if someone has already done it or not

Nobody has to my knowledge, that would be pretty awesome too.

I've found that python isn't all that universal on non-Linux boxen. Some
of the newer Solaris include sometimes ancient versions (2.3 I think in
Solaris 10, or what it 9?). So something like this might need a lot of
conditional imports and be limited in the types of calls it can make.

rob