[Freeipa-users] Installing a Godaddy Cert with ipa-server-certinstall

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Wed May 29 05:42:45 UTC 2013

Yea I replaced both certs, however, in my troubleshooting I've found more I'll say symptoms or potential problems, which may stem from this or be independent from it.

1. Showing this error message on restarting the service:
    EXAMPLE-COM...[29/May/2013:05:30:58 +0000] - SSL alert: CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert MyIPA of family cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config (Netscape Portable Runtime error -8172 - Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)

2. This is on an AWS machine, and when I rebooted the internal IP of the machine changed.  I'm not sure if there are values in the Directory Server that would have that internal IP in there which would cause a problem.  The external IP and DNS have stayed the same and I've tried to have all install values match the external IP or external name for this exact reason.

3. The named service will no longer start, here are the errors getting put in the /var/log/messages
May 29 05:31:01 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: sizing zone task pool based on 6 zones
May 29 05:31:01 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: /etc/named.conf:12: no forwarders seen; disabling forwarding
May 29 05:31:01 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: set up managed keys zone for view _default, file 'dynamic/managed-keys.bind'
 May 29 05:31:19 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: Failed to init credentials (Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'EXAMPLE.COM')
 May 29 05:31:19 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: loading configuration: failure May 29 05:31:19 ip-10-1-3-5 named[5592]: exiting (due to fatal error)

Any help in a right direction or theory to a right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
John Moyer
Director, IT Operations