[Freeipa-users] Solaris 10 client configuration using profile

sipazzo sipazzo at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 22:34:22 UTC 2014

Hello, I am trying to set up a default profile for my Solaris 10 IPA clients as recommended. I generated a profile on a Solaris with the attributes I needed except I got an "invalid parameter" error when specifying the domainName attribute like this -a domainName=example.com even though this parameter works when I use it in  ldapclient manual. More of an issue though is I have been unable to find documentation on getting the profile incorporated into the ipa server. How do I get this profile on the ipa server and make it available to my Solaris clients? Also, my understanding is the clients periodically check this profile so they stay updated with the latest configuration information. What generates this check? Is it time based, a restart of a service or ??

Thank you for any assistance.