[Freeipa-users] freeipa server install fails on fedora 20

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 14:41:07 UTC 2014

Olga Kornievskaia wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com
> <mailto:dpal at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 09/08/2014 07:29 PM, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
>>     Thank you very much for your quick reply.
>>
>>     It is a brand new fedora 20 vm.
>
>     OK good.
>     Can you send or share the ipa server installation log?
>

> Can you please suggest how I can do that? My original post was rejected
> by the administrator of this list because I've included the install log
> that compressed was  over 5M.

If you have a web/ftp server available you can put it there for download.

I'd look at the catalina.* logs in /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat and debug in
the ca subdirectory. Those are more likely to hold startup failures.

journalctl may hold information on why it didn't start too.

Incidentally, the second problem is likely related to the first. The
installation didn't succeed so the system state is indeterminate.

rob